Monday, March 30, 2015

Zinedine Zidane reveals ambition to be Real Madrid and France boss

Zinedine Zidane is currently manager of Real Madrid Castilla
Zinedine Zidane is currently manager of Real Madrid Castilla
Zinedine Zidane admits he would want to take over from Carlo Ancelotti as manager of Real Madrid.
The former Juventus and Real star, who has been learning the ropes as coach of Real's reserve side Castilla, also set out his ambitions for the France national team job.
"Yes I would go for that [the Real Madrid job]," he told Canal Plus. "There is already a coach (Carlo Ancelotti) in place who is doing a great job.
"Do I feel ready if I was offered the first team? You are never ready, but if it happened like that I would have to say yes."
The 42-year-old added France, who he won the World Cup with in 1998, to his managerial wish list.
"I was a player in this team and it would be good, one day (to be coach), but for the moment there is a coach (Didier Deschamps) who is doing a great job. But yes I have this target, this ambition," Zidane said.
The former world player of the year retired from club and international football in 2006, and has said he has time to wait until taking on a bigger post.
"I am doing fine at Madrid," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment