Borussia Dortmund head coach Jurgen Klopp has downplayed an injury scare to Marco Reus – after admitting he feared the midfielder had broken his leg.
The 25-year-old limped off in the first half of the 2-0 German Cup win over Dynamo Dresden after being caught by a tackle from Dennis Erdmann.
Dortmund have yet to give an official diagnosis on the severity of the injury but Reus did return to the bench to watch the second half of the match and Klopp does not expect it to be as bad as first thought.
"I looked so angry because everybody looked at me like he had a broken leg. I am a simple person and if everybody looks at me like his leg is broken, I believe that"
Jurgen Klopp
“If it is really just a bruise with Marco, this has been a good night," he said.

"I looked so angry because everybody looked at me like he had a broken leg. I am a simple person and if everybody looks at me like his leg is broken, I believe that.
"I hope next time they will inform me sooner when it is just a bruise."
Reus has had several spells on the sidelines this season and only recently returned from an ankle injury suffered in late November.
Asked about the tackle from Erdmann that caused the latest injury, Klopp said: “I already said this before - you do not do things like that. Look, the ball is far away, Marco wants to pass Erdmann and he hits his knee into his thigh. It was totally unnecessary.
"There was a similar situation with Hefele, where he elbowed Ciro Immobile and that led to a cut. That wasn't penalised either. But if Marco just has a bruise, we can be happy in the end.
"It was a really difficult game. The opponents made it difficult for us and the pitch was in a bad condition but ultimately we have won and we are in the next round."