Saturday, March 7, 2015

Brendan Rodgers insists he has no intention of leaving Liverpool

Brendan Rodgers: Wants long-term future with Liverpool
Brendan Rodgers: Wants long-term future with Liverpool
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers insists leaving for another English club is not a possibility and he aims to be at Anfield for the long term.
Rodgers' current Liverpool contract expires in 2018 - and the Northern Irishman has been linked, by the national press, with Manchester City if Manuel Pellegrini was to leave the Premier League champions.
But Rodgers said: "I've signed a deal here, and I want to be here to see that through.
"Then I hope I'll have earned enough time to warrant another deal, to keep growing and building here.
"Where do you go from Liverpool, who are one of the biggest clubs in the world?
"I chose to come to Liverpool because I hoped I could be here for many years."
Rodgers says he is excited about seeing his strategy help Liverpool to develop over the coming years.

If we get young players tied to contracts, I hope that will allow us to win trophies with this way of working.

Brendan Rodgers
"I find I am developing into the very best I can be and we are working into an exciting phase after this season," he said.
"If we get young players tied to contracts, I hope that will allow us to win trophies with this way of working."
Liverpool could book an FA Cup semi-final appearance at Wembley if they beat Blackburn in the FA Cup quarter-finals on Sunday and Rodgers acknowledges that he must win trophies in order to remain in the Anfield hot-seat for years to come.
"I really wanted to be here, follow some incredible managers with a support that is unrivalled, and to have success while knowing I was young enough to create and build something," he added.
"That is why I came here. I know I need to justify that by working well and winning trophies. I hope that is the next step.
"When you come here, that is what you are judged on. It is something (win trophies) I want to do for all the supporters and people here."

No comments:

Post a Comment